Thursday, 21 February 2008

Scrutinized

Larissa walks out of the air to appear by Lorne, with a bit tired eyes, but smiles at him. Lorne crosses His arms against His chest, and stares at Larissa with a look not at all pleased, but quietly, motionlessly scrutinizing.

She looks up into his voids, a bit of uncertainity playing on her smile, but she smiles still, acting confident. "What is your problem, now, old man?"

Lorne moves in response not at all for a few moments, then inclines His head, giving an emphasis to the angerred angle of His brow. Still, He watches her a while longer, and suddenlly speaks in a noticeably reserved tone "Why have you been antagonizing Nikita?"

She chuckles "Ah, that?" she blushes and looks seemingly relieved now that she knows why Lorne is concerned. "Have /I/ been antagonising her? I merely joined a conversation about finances, and you were there...."

He looks quite completely unconvinced, even slightly more agravated. He makes a sound akin to a derisive grunt "The question was not /have/ you, Larissa, but /why/ have you. Do not presume to lie to Me."

Larissa kicks the marble with her sneakers. "I tend to get carried away with the moments, you know me, dearest one." She looks away "I am sorry if an ambigous sentence struck some nerve in her." she wonders for a brief sec, flashing a gaze at Lorne "Maybe she has bad conscious? She could have chosen to let it go." she looks up, her eyes showing more exhaustion. " I merely looked her in the eye the other day, and she was all wishing to end me if I take another step closer. I so wished her to keep that promise."

Lorne clears His throat, speaking in a perfect affectation of Nikita's voice "If you take one more step in my direction, I will end you and Lorne and I can just fight over it later."

Lorne Harlequin's expression changes to one of mocking-non-chalance, and speaks in Larissa's voice "Please do". His expression changes to one of distraction from a task at hand, "As you wish." He says in Nikita's voice.

Larissa inspects her shoe in great detail. "I cant exist like this, Lorne. I..." she blinks some tears to disappear and looks up at him. "I am sorry."

Lorne's expression is temperred with pain--pain that apparently rises strong into the anger, as though it had been waiting just under the surface, just under a hair's width of restraint. The features of His face quiver saddly, and He raises His hands to her shoulders, swiftly at first, but slowing, leaving all His body poised, as though He expends great effort in preventing Himself from embracing her. The anger in His voice is edged and laced with anguish "What is it that hurts so much? Why do you seek to strangle all the other flowers, even those not in My garden, or even potentially? If you are angry, why would you attack Nikita, and not Me?"

Larissa's eyes flicker as she understands his poise, and brushes her fingers against her face. She searches her own feelings, and the words. She opens and clutches her fingers. "I was angry at her, and therefore I chose to hurt her. I never claimed to be wise, and I cannot..." she blows out a great amount of air "I have anger, but I am in no control."

Lorne furrows His brow, half-way between both the emotions on His face. He pulls her into an embrace, squeazing her tight, and nuzzling the side of her neck. His voice comes again, not angry, but stern in a softly empathetic kind of a way. "Do not interact with her again. Do not exchange words with her. Avoid any area you see her in. You don't understand what you are tempting. It isn't the end you believe you want that she would give you, and I could not stand losing you like this...not like this..." His voice trails off almost into pleading as He /says/ 'not like this'

Larissa sighs and nods without words, slowly fading away., her eyes regarding him sadly.

No comments: