In which beloveds and lovers are discussed a'la Brit
Larissa takes a comfortable sit in the derelict diner, smiling at her younger companion: "So how do you like them?"
Bridgette peels a warm chestnut out of the shell and munches it happily enjoying the flavor. "Are they real chestnuts?" She looks out of the window and back to Larissa.
"Yeah, I had some with me before I came here... The warmness is the magic."
"You got it from a tree though. yah?"
"I bought them at a grocery."
Bridgette mouths the word grocery and nods. "Out of the city." She nods again. "Have you seen my beloved Ethan?"
"I am sorry, but no. When did you last see him?"
"The night before last....he came to me in the library.....and last night...he found me not at all. so much last night....was so busy.
"Did you two... sort out the /massage situation/?"
The younger girl blinks a moment and puffs her cheeks. She never thought about it. But Ethan's hair turned a different color after the massage was mentioned. "Ethan ripped down a brick wall" after she followed him. And his mood stayed dark even though he found her and brought her back to their space. Then what....Brit struggled to remember...the flute music. Sleeping soundly. The following night, Ethan's hair was the same. "Oh...oh...." She whispered.
Larissa raises an eyebrow. "You didnt?"
Bridgette quirks and says, "I....I don't know." It never occurred to her that the two events were connected.
Larissa puts her hand on Brit's "Oh, dear. These are men, you are dealing with."
Bridgette Plunkett's brow furrows as she runs through the events in her mind. Ethan's change....after the mention. She puffs her cheeks. His hair different. His eyes different. Him telling her later he was not displeased with her. "Not mortal though." She nods and wonders if Ethan did indeed grow unhappy over the massage. "No one touched me."
Nerissa Dae looks through the window and hits it suddenly with the flat of her hand molded against it, leaving a frosted imprint around it.
Bridgette hears the glass and smoochies it at Neri's height.
She leaves a pretty lipprint on the glass.
Larissa Starostin waves for the little horned girl to come in.
Nerissa Dae 's emotionless eyes looks through to her and then down again, pulling away from it..
Bridgette mouthes "Come inside, Neri!!"
Larissa smiles at the scene "Do you know her?"
"Neri...yes....she is a good long time friend."
"Good."
Bridgette frowns seeing Neri gone and sighs
softly, "I wish her to be happy.....one day...she will be."
"So, I am not saying you always should explain yourself, but if you feel so strongly about Ethan... Well, of course, if he was smart, you didnt have to." she leans back. "We have time. Tell me how you met him. Please."
"Explain....Explain what?" Bridgette Plunkett returns her attention to Larissa after trying to track Neri. "Neri is not near." She blinks as she senses around her.
"She will be back I guess. This is an instable place all around us."
The younger of the red haired pair shrugs and finds her thoughts drifting. "Explain?" She asks softly, "Met...who?"
"Explain your words. You told him Lorne's massage was magic. I undersand he turned all white."
Bridgette ohs softly and blinks never having such a thought that the massage is what made Ethan so angry. "He ripped up a brick wall," she lisps. She remembers the gravel and brick dropping from the talons. "Yah....yah." Nibbling her lower lip, she blinks slowly thinking she was foolish not to see it.
"Oh, dear... You have to be more careful." she pauses "With a lots of things." she adds. "I am not saying I am always right. I know nothing about you and Ethan."
Bridgette Plunkett frowns slightly. Her bow-shaped mouth forms a slight pout as she listens. She nibbles her lower lip a bit more and ohs. A tinge of pink colors her cheeks and she sighs softly. "Ethan is wonderful." She smiles through her concern.
"You looked sweet together." Larissa smiles remembering she has not seen such a cute pair for quie some time. "I was asking. How did you meet him? If I may..."
Bridgette says simply, "Ethan is my beloved....my one and only." she pauses. "I like to watch the city from rooftops. And Ethan was on the rooftop across from mine. Then he walked over and introduced himself....then...one night my friend Khory was a queen..and I was a princess. And Ethan said I was more of a princess than a real one. And then he took me dancing....and taught me to dance." she continues: "Then he went to sleep for a long time. And then woke up....*her voice trails* and then we were on his rooftop...and he kissed me softly here." she touches her lips.
Larissa smiles.
Bridgette seems lost in the memories "A long time ago, zelda told me she had a lover. and said it was better than apples. so I wanted one too."
Larissa looks at her with amused respect: "And I guess it is better?"
"Duard could not be my lover. He already had one. Ethan said that a lover is more intimate than we, so I am his beloved. And he is mine."
"I see."
Bridgette lisps, "I don't know about lovers...but beloveds are better than apples.....and we are each others one and onlys.
Larissa Starostin winces a bit. "I never had a beloved."
Bridgette quirks, "Why?" She says, "Or a one and only...or a lover?"
Larissa Starostin inspects her nails. "Oh, I had lovers. I might as well have one too right now." her gaze turns distant. "He is a One with capital letters. But an only?"
Bridgette Plunkett smiles thinking lovers are as wonderous as beloveds Brit only has what she has heard. "How did you meet him? Does he have a name?"
"Oh dear. Lovers are beautiful. But sometimes it lasts only for a moment. Sometimes it lasts for... more moments."
"How did you meet your lover? What is his name?"
"The problem is, I am not sure he is my lover. But you know him. And of course, that is always the problem with lovers - except for the moments, when you know... Eh, I am not really good at explaining things I dont really comprehend neither."
"Ask him if he is your lover....or your beloved...or your one and only."
Larissa Starostin looks at the girl curiously. "Ask him?"
Bridgette shrugs and says, "Yah...why not just ask?"
"Well. First, I am afraid of the answer. Second, it is all about trust. I feel he cares for me. THird...
I dont know if I want him to be my lover. So. Things are not easy... this side of the world." she smiles sadly.
Bridgette watches the street and listens. She brushes back her hair, "Oh.....do you not love him?" She tilts her head, "And the answer is the same whether it is spoken or not."
"I desire him." Larissa pauses. "I dont know if I love him. I want him so badly it hurts."
Bridgette tries to understand. "You want him like ice cream."
"Oh." Larissa laughs: "Icecream would melt, my dear. But if you are on a very very hot day. And you want icecream badly. It is close. Probably."
Bridgette blinks as she processes what she is told. She considers the word "desire" and her finger absent-mindedly traces her own lips. "I desire Ethan's kisses." She nods blinking slowly believing she understands.
"Ah, yes."
"How can he not be your one and only if you desire him?"
"That is an important question I search to find the answer to myself. Let me explain."
Bridgette struggles with her understanding of relationships, but this oddly makes some sense to her. She watches Larissa and listens carefully. Her focus maintains on what she has to say and she notices not the fighting outside.
"You want to spend your life with your one and only... is it true?"
Bridgette smiles nodding.
"You want to spend the night with the one you desire. And the next. And the next. You dont think about the future. Just the present. The moments." Larissa sighs "The problem is experience. Once you get hurt it is hard to fully trust your desires. You stop thinking about the future."
"Your lover hurt you?"
"Well, sometimes they hurt accidentally. Without intention. And here we re, back at your /massage situation/. You didn't intend to hurt..."
Bridgette blinks at the transition but listens.
Larissa searches for words, but seems distracted as her own emotions overwhelm her. Herr lips tremble a bit. "I so want him."
Bridgette whispers, "Who?"
Her friend looks at her, as if explaining the obvious. "Lorne"
The younger one is clueless at times. She blinks a few times and says, "Then....tell him." She blinks slowly and wonders if Larissa was angry as Ethan had been. She never asked for a massage....but she felt her shoulders rubbed even though Lorne was across the room.
"He knows that I want him. And I believe he has only massaged you. And I beleive that it meant nothing to you. But it might have meant more to him. And Ethan. And me."
Larissa smiles. "I dont think you desire Lorne if your one and only is Ethan."
Bridgette frowns hearing this and says, "Oh." Brit nods and her expression is one that clearly indicates she has never considered Lorne as anything more than someone who works at the library.
"And I dont think Ethan should question your feelings. So probably he was just angry at Lorne. And he was probably right. Probably not. I also try to find my way in this labirynth."
Bridgette slowly starts to understand what Larissa is saying. Her cheeks pinken and she blinks. "I never asked for anything....or..." She lacks the vocabulary to explain.
Bridgette puffs her cheeks slightly and finally says, "Ethan is my one and only. I seek no other."
Larissa looks at her curiously. She understands what Lorne admires in her, because he surely admires her in a way. She just doesnt know in what way.
"I trust you." She stresses the /you/. "And I want to understand Lorne. Probably because I love him. What I fear is that I wont love him if I understand him. And that is why I dont ask."
Bridgette seems bewildered. She ohs again softly and muses why anyone would not. Her lips part as she processes again. Brit may or may not be all there, and she seems to have a real struggle to understand all that has been said. She whispers, "The answer is the same whether it is spoken or not."
Larissa Starostin looks at her, warmed by her reactions. "You are quite a gem."
Bridgette watches Larissa. Her mind still processes slowly. Her eyes blink and then blink again as she slowly pieces together this puzzle called "relationships." Finally she lisps, "There is only room in my heart for my beloved Ethan."
"Why did he turn all white, then?"
Bridgette sincerely thought the massage was a demonstration of magic. She furrows her brow and starts to wonder about other things others do...like making ice cream....or giving her small presents. To her question, she whispered, "I don't know."
"I have fallen for Lorne you know, but I can still see. I met the two of you together more times, than I met him alone. And again, I dont blame you for that. I just want to understand him. This is my circle. He thought me to think in patterns. And when I searched for patterns between him and you..." Larissa blushes. "He distracted me"
Bridgette Plunkett's brow furrows further. She doesn't understand at all, and her mind, if Larissa could see it, is tremendously disorganized. As if every thought were printed on paper and tossed on the floor without any regard to importance or relevance.
"Oh," she lisps softly. Her eyes watch without any hint of embarassment or reaction other than a realization that she may have done something but she isn't sure when or how...she never noticed.
Larissa reaches out. "Dont worry, there is nothing you did wrong. But still, sometimes fate just decides to play tricks. I am sure Ethan has already forgiven you, or all the better, has understood that there is nothing to forgive."
"Ethan found me...that night....and took me back to our place."
"See. There is nothing wrong then." Larissa smiles, hoping she is right.
"I spent hours pulling brick out of his talons...and concret....while he slept."
Larissa laughs at the image of Ethans talons and bricks. "Men. Aint they cute?"
Bridgette Plunkett says sincerely, "I did not understand why he was angry."
Larissa looks at her with a serious smile "I am sure you learn quickly."
Sunday, 11 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment