Larissa stops in the entrance of the Pit. Everything about her is a white glow, a constantly trembling pulse of halo.
Labyrinth:
Praetor...of Omega...
Angel...
I met thine..daughter again.
Larissa watches Labyrinth as she closes up on her. "Labyrinth. My child is not aware of her powers."
Labyrinth:
She should..be taught...
There are those...who can fight back.
Labyrinth wipes at the dried blood on her face.
Labyrinth:
Have thee...come..with purpose?
Or..only..to stare?
Larissa nods. "She has offended Blue, too" Larissa looks around. "I have no means to protect her unless her life is in danger."
Labyrinth: Why..are you here?
Larissa: You are granting boons. What sorts?
Labyrinth:
"I am.
KNowledge.
Truth.
But...thine art an angel..."
Labyrinth laughs.
Labyrinth: "Surely...no need...of me."
Larissa smiles. "I have no need, indeed."
Labyrinth:
Then why trouble me.
I am...sick with..the world.
It..crushes me.
You: I heal
Labyrinth laughs.
Labyrinth:
I am.
I am Labyrinth.
I was named before time was time.
Larissa looks up at her. "You are a challenge, then"
Larissa: /Before/ doesnt have a meaning, then
Labyrinth: Before...
Magus Wings in Black 4.2.1 whispers: Nareth flutters her wings and releases an intoxicating scent.
Labyrinth: What...do you wish?
Larissa: "My daughter has antagonised the Shadows
Labyrinth: Unwise.
Magus Wings in Black 4.2.1 whispers: Nareth spreads her wings in satisfaction.
Labyrinth: I am no Shadow.
Larissa watches her wings. "Are you still bounded?"
Labyrinth:
Yes.
I have a Master now.
Larissa looks up.
Labyrinth glares at the angel.
You: You can not exist here without one?
Labyrinth:
I could.
But I do not.
If he released me...
But..why would I wish that?
This body..was not MY choice.
The Nareth chose it.
Larissa smiles. "She always had taste"
Labyrinth blinks her eyes.
Larissa tilts a head looking away. "Even if a trenchcoat"
Labyrinth: Why have you come..here?
Larissa looks straight in her eyes. "I have no hate for you like my child. But I loved Nareth. I am drawn.
Labyrinth: Drawn...
Labyrinth:
The Nareth...held you..in her memories.
She...killed you.
She...tortured...you.
Larissa looks down. "Only when I asked"
Labyrinth: Yesssssss...
Labyrinth: That is...true.
You: She... knew joy.
Larissa eyes Labyrinth.
Magus Wings in Black 4.2.1 whispers: Nareth flicks her wings across Larissa Starostin's body.
Labyrinth:
Joy...
Yessss....
She did.
Her greatest joy...in death.
In my...arrival.
Larissa smiles.
Labyrinth: But...no one knows...why.
She did not..even..know why.
So..I am here.
Summoned.
But without...purpose.
You: Her curse was her purpose. Yours is not having one?
Labyrinth:
Nothing..can curse me, angel. I am..a god.
I am Labyrinth.
Of the Outer Gods.
Eris Discordia.
So..have humans..named me.
Larissa nods. "You still despise the world you are in. Isnt that a curse?"
Labyrinth:
It..is.
happenstance.
The Nareth did not intend..it as a curse.
Shadows...
Labyrinth lowers her head.
Larissa tilts a head.
Labyrinth:
I am here.
Here I..must remain.
This world..so changed.
So..lost.
Come...nearer...
Larissa steps closer. "Labyrinth"
Labyrinth: I am.
Larissa: No wonder you are lost.
Labyrinth: I do not...grasp thine meaning.
Larissa smiles softly. "That is who you are"
Labyrinth stares at the fire of the Pit.
Labyrinth:
I am infinute...made finite.
I am formless...trapp[ed in a form.
Larissa: Welcome to the world of all
Labyrinth:
No.
No welcome.
I may not..ask...
I am without will.
I may not..ask..a boon.
Larissa smiles, reaching out a hand to stroke her arm lightly. "You are in a body"
Labyrinth:
I am in..a prison.
Larissa: You have wings
Labyrinth:
None..of this..is me.
The Nareth...imagined this.
Larissa nods.
Labyrinth:
The summoner must...choose a form.
Larissa: You dont like it, Eris?
Labyrinth: Like?
Larissa tilts a head
Labyrinth: bah!
Labyrinth: Questions with..no meaning.
Labyrinth glances towards Vishous.
You: Your answers wouldnt matter, would they?
Labyrinth: If thee wishes answers..I will answer.
Labyrinth: Meaning...is for you.
Larissa nods. "I dont wish. I am curious."
Labyrinth:
I am...curious also.
I am permitted...curiosity.
Larissa smiles, looking onto the distance. "Oh, yes."
Labyrinth:
The one named Omega...
It will slay me.
Larissa perks an eyebrow.
Labyrinth:
This is truth.
It may..die...in so doing.
But, the Omega...will slay me.
Larissa closes her eyes painfully
Labyrinth:
This body...
..which is not me.
The Omega will..stop at nothing...to find...its childe.
Larissa smiles. "She will not"
Labyrinth:
These demons..and angels...
They think..they are..beings of light and darkness.
They..imagine they have..power.
They are...as children.
If the Pontifex frees me...
Truly frees me.
I will...rule this world.
I have ruled.
many times
Labyrinth growls softly....
Larissa watches her. "Discordia." she looks around "Would that make a difference?"
Labyrinth: My rule?
Larissa nods briefly
Labyrinth:
The world...everything you know...matter...light...would end.
The void before Creation would return.
No angels...
Larissa: "You dont need to rush with that."
Labyrinth: No demons...
Larissa chuckles softly
Labyrinth: No new gods.
Labyrinth is growing angry.
Labyrinth:
One came..last night..who vexed me.
The one so named...Joah.
Larissa smiles
Labyrinth:
She...saw..my mind.
She gave me..her mind...
I hold it..even now.
Larissa touches her arm again, leaning close. "You hold so many things."
Labyrinth:
Why are you here, Larissa...angel..Praetor?
What do you...wish me..to hold?
You: Hold respect for this miserable little world
Labyrinth:
That..I cannot do.
I am.
I cannot be...what I am not.
You: I cannot wish for anything else
Labyrinth: You are....
Larissa sighs. "I am over that"
Labyrinth trails off.
Labyrinth:
I will grant a boon.
But thou must ask the correct question.
Larissa looks her in the eye
Labyrinth: Your House...may depend...on it.
Larissa: How can she survive killing you?
Labyrinth: The Nareth...?
Larissa perks an eyebrow
Labyrinth stares at Larissa.
Labyrinth:
I will tell thee...
Heart.
Larissa nods
Labyrinth:
Her heart is my heart...for the Shadows...were not given her heart.
Blood.
For the Nareth's blood is..in my heart.
Soul...
For the Nareth's soul...was given to the demon Lorne.
Three pieces.
Three keys.
Larissa nods.
Labyrinth:
make them one again..
Set me free...
Save your world, maybe.
Find the Nareth...perhaps.
But..I warn thee...
Larissa exhales heavily
Labyrinth:
I warn...
I am summoned.
And the summoning....has not been..completed.
Larissa nods.
Labyrinth:
I must..perform the task..I was called to do.
That task is..not known to me.
I will have to fight...any...who threaten me..until I have done my part.
Seek the Nareth, and...you will..threaten me.
Paradox.
Larissa: Of course
Labyrinth looks at the ground.
Labyrinth:
I cannot lie.
Warn...thy mistress...the Omega...
All you have heard.
I will..have to...fight.
And I am..Labyrinth.
Now...leave this place.
Larissa is already half transparent, nodding as she disappears
Labyrinth looks away.
Tuesday, 1 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment